Monday, December 29, 2008

Sailing out of Mooloolaba





I’m off on ‘Magic Roundabout’ to NZ.
Magic Roundabout is the Oceanswatch 34ft Sweden that I sailed from Opua to Vanuatu last year.
It has arrived in Mooloolaba after a season of work in the islands and I’m taking it over to Whangarei with Jim and Ricky. Jim is technically the skipper for insurance purposes but I’ll be the practical skipper.
We left Mooloolaba this morning, Channel 7 met us there to see us off, Mum and I had a 5.30 am interview over the phone with Radio Kaitaia NZ, together with Chris Bone the CEO of Oceanswatch. So it’s all action!
We are sailing down to Bongaree, for the night and then clearing customs tomorrow morning at Scarborough. After that the Tasman.

We will be using a satellite phone to give position reports and trusty shore team Mum will publish short daily updates on my blogand will keep in touch with everyone.

Here's to fair winds!


Jessica

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica,

I'm Abi Thomas, a reporter at the Northern Advocate newspaper in Whangarei, New Zealand. I came across your story online and I'm really interested in following it. I'd love to meet with you when you make it to our shores.

Best of luck with your trip, hope it is a safe one.

I'll be in touch, and will keep checking the blog, but in the meantime my email is reporters@northernadvocate.co.nz.

Cheers, Abi.